By Dr. Siddharth Shete
Too much of screen use by children causes following problems:
- Dry Eyes
- Eye Strain
- Near sightedness
- Sleep disorder that harms health
According to some studies, spending more time indoors causes near sightedness called Myopia. Exact causes are unknown. But researchers believe that UV rays play an important role in the development of Eye.
There is a steep increase rate of near sightedness in the past 20 years with the advent of digital screen use.
What to do?
- Encourage outdoor playing activities.
- Foster healthy sleep habits.
- Promote in person social relationship.
- Set limit time for the use of digital screening.